TO THE POINT: Fortnite Removed from iOS Globally After Apple Blocks Game, Says Epic Games
By: rishabh
On: Friday, May 16, 2025 11:26 AM
1. Fortnite is no longer available on iOS
- Fortnite is no longer available on iOS worldwide, Epic Games said on Friday.
2. Apple blocks Fortnite submissions
- Apple has blocked Fortnite from being released again on the iOS App Store, especially in the US.
3. Epic Games’ official statement
- Epic Games took to social media platforms to say that Apple has blocked their Fortnite submissions.
4. Ban in the European Union too
- Apple has blocked the availability of Fortnite not only in the US App Store but also in the European Union via the Epic Games Store.
5. Fortnite will remain offline on iOS
- Fortnite will now remain offline on iOS until Apple unblocks it.
6. Removed from App Store in 2020
- Epic Games tried to avoid Apple’s 30% commission fee by updating Fortnite in 2020, after which it was removed.
7. Epic Games’ digital store in Europe
- Fortnite has been available on iPhone in Europe through Epic Games’ own digital store since last year.
8. Effect of Digital Markets Act
- Third-party app stores are allowed under the European Union’s Digital Markets Act.
9. Apple also stopped distribution in EU
- Now Apple has also stopped Epic Games from distributing Fortnite in the EU through the Epic Games Store.
10. Waiting for response
- There has been no official response from Apple on this matter yet.
For Feedback - feedback@example.com
August 29, 2025
August 28, 2025
August 27, 2025
August 26, 2025
August 25, 2025
August 23, 2025